Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Lazarus Saturday, Cheese Pascha making, and Palm Sunday Vespers


















My friend Mary's recipe for Cheese Pascha:
The recipe is 2 lbs farmer's cheese, 1 lb cream cheese, 5 hard-boiled egg yolks, 1/2 lb butter, 1 lb sugar (I use less), 1 sm carton of whipping cream (1/2 pint), 1 Tb. flour (I left out), 1 tsp vanilla. I drain mine in a smallish bowl but change it a few times and I don't weight it if it's been frozen. It still seems to drain fine.
***
We were at liturgy this morning for Lazarus Saturday and 
later vespers for Palm Sunday.
In between lunch, a needed nap, and vespers I made the 
simple version cheese Pascha.
This is the first time I ever made it,
and the first time I used farmers cheese.
I was going to use a more complicated recipe that called for 3lbs 
farmers cheese, so I upped the recipe by .5 for all measurements in this recipe,
with Mr Husband's help! 
***
Munchkin comes tomorrow.
Please pray that all goes well.
I am getting really excited for Holy Week!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar