Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Vegan Chinese Tofu Short Ribs

It is truly by coincidence that this recipes coincides with Chinese New Year of The Pig.

It is because I am still cooking recipes from The Superfun Times: Vegan Holiday Cookbook by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and the next recipe I had bookmarked to make was these Tofu Short Ribs which mimic Chinese Pork Ribs.  
These vegan Chinese Tofu Short Ribs were also so easy to make, you bake slices of tofu in the oven and then smother it generously in the sauce made with hoisin sauce, Chinese five spice and other ingredients all of which I found in my kitchen, other than the Hoisin sauce which I had to purchase (Please see my In My Kitchen blog post for brand).  

These Vegan Tofu Short Ribs tasted pretty good too. I will definitely be making them again and perhaps try them with seitan. 
If you want to have a go at making these vegan Chinese Tofu Short Ribs at home and you don't have the cookbook,  Isa Chandra has been generous and shared the recipe on her website  - follow this link for ease.
I had so much of the sauce left over, that we had this again the following day but this time I also included some slices of King Oyster Mushrooms and it was awesome.

Anyway, may I wish all my readers, especially those whom are celebrating the Chinese New Year - A very Happy Year of the Pig. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar