Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Cousin Cousine: Jean-Charles Tacchella


Jean-Charles Tacchella's Cousin Cousine is clearly not a film made for me. It centers around the adulterous affairs of several people, two of whom end up falling in love and running away together. The way I'm wired, I could never find adultery funny, endearing, or charming under any circumstances. But I readily admit that Cousin Cousine is an expertly written, expertly acted piece of cinema. It's practically a looking glass into French sexual mores, or at least the ones romanticized by the French themselves: couples fall into and out of bed with impunity; children laugh at wedding photos of people mooning the family, peeing into potted plants, and two people hastily dressing themselves after a quickie; a grandfather reacts to his 17-year old granddaughter telling her that she just had sex for the first time with a warm, knowing kiss on the forehead. I'm not passing judgement on any of these things. It's just that I couldn't imagine seeing any of them treated so warmly as in a French film.

7/10

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar