Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Colleens garden

Hello dear friends & readers,

Today is so mild here you would not think it was officially still a winter month

I have just had my first group for the year . . . 


I had charged my camera ready to get lots of photos as the ladies were all dressed up in costumes for the day but unfortunately . . . 


Oh yes Julie .... whats that we see .... another pile of mulch to distribute??!!

these were the only 2 snaps I managed!!!!!  (too busy chatting as per usual)

There have been quite a few late nights getting the Cottage ready - there was a fresh batch of potpourri to bag up - I loved this lilly pod that I found to break up into my latest citrus batch

Are you having a good big sniff????

Oh yes & are those your good dressmaking scissors we see sitting there - only to be used for cutting fabric??!!

I think I could bag potpourri now with my eyes closed!!!!

Another order has been ticked off my list ... my "teddy bear addict" friend Christine bought these 2 rather plain looking teddies out to me a couple of weeks ago...


Christine wanted to display them in her ensuite which is decorated in a yellow & blue colour scheme   ....  she wanted one a boy & one a girl (no gender issues here)


They turned out quite well I thought  :-)


While lying awake around about 2.23 am the other morning (!!!) solving a few of the worlds problems .... I was thinking about the beautiful jar covers that so many crafters make, often gorgeous crocheted ones like my friend Amy makes here ... & how much I loved them ... & this idea popped into my head ...


why not make one using wool blanket offcuts & blanket stitch the edges ??


add some crochet flowers (purchased ones because we wont discuss my efforts to learn to crochet today??!!!)


add a tag & some lace & a pearl button or 2 ...
perhaps add a doiley ...


Just Lovely :-)   don't you think??


A group of ladies in my neighbourhood meet once a month for morning tea at each others homes ... this group is called "good neighbours" & has been going for over 30 years ... I try to get along whenever I can.
 Since I hadn't been to one since February I went this last week as I knew it was at Colleens place & I particularly love her garden & its setting ...


Colleen & her husband would be in their late 70's I am guessing (sometimes you cant actually ASK these things)  
They made the 3 ponds on their property themselves & have spent the past decade or more planting them out with natives & making bridges, walkways etc...




Colleen plants her daffodil bulbs by the 100's - they were not quite in full bloom yet


Colleen commissioned my youngest son Kane to build her a small version of "Threadbear Cottage" to place beside one of the ponds



I met this beautiful creature whose name is Elizabeth ...


she is very friendly indeed ...


Elizabeth had a mate - named Edward - but he died recently after becoming entangled in blackberry - it was very sad



These two last photos are especially for you Catherine ... because when I saw them I thought to myself ...
"Catherine would just love this"



I hope you enjoyed your little tour round Colleens garden folks ... I hope your weekend is going well & that the coming week brings you only good things.


Thanks so much for visiting my little corner today :-)
much love/hugs/friendship,
Julie

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar