Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Bountiful Basket Blog Hop

I'm excited to join a great group of bloggers who are all sharing how we use baskets in our fall decor.
Many thanks to Amber at Follow the Yellow Brick Home for putting this fun hop together.
If you are coming Marty's blog at A Stroll Thru Life ,welcome.
Be sure to visit Shannon at Belle Bleu Interiors after you finish here.


It's already happening. As Halloween inches closer, the orange over saturation phenomenon begins around here.
I can only take so much.



The dish dresser in the garden room was the first to get de-oranged. It got a makeover courtesy of my brown transferware collection. 
The pumpkin and sunflowers were replaced with squirrels, nuts and leaves that coordinate with the brown tones of the transferware.


My plaid collections start to emerge as the clock starts ticking closer to Christmas. 
I have a darling collection of plaid picnic baskets that shine best during the colder weather. 



I found a little green basket when I was out junking with my brother a few years ago.
I filled it to the brim with green oak leaves from the yard and a little sprig that has just begun to change.
The green basket weave print coordinates beautifully.
The other leaves are a few years old. They are wax preserved.


I adore squirrels. I found this adorable resin squirrel at Hobby Lobby last week.
I've been eyeing him and finally put him in my cart since he was 40% off. His fur and tail needed a little bit of augmentation with darker brown and black paint. 
I think he looks a little more realistic now. He's cute tucked in with the oak branches. 


A few wooden nuts round out the display. I think I found them on eBay or Etsy.



It took a while to build our collection of brown transferware.
It's a little hard to find and it seemed very elusive in my price point.
I am a cheapie!


I try to stay under $15.00 for plates, platters, and pitchers. The covered casserole was $35.00.
That was the most expensive piece in the collection.



I'll round out this display with a few turkeys in a week or two.


Below are some other ways I've decorated with tin picnic baskets in fall decor. 




The green and red plaid one belonged to Bill when he was a child.
I just love it.


If you think they look cute now, just wait until Christmas!
Click on the blog names below to visit some of the other amazing bloggers.

Follow The Yellow Brick Home / Common Ground / Our Southern Home / Decor to Adore
Petite Haus    /   My Thrift Store Addiction   /   PanoplyArt and Sand
A Stroll Thru Life / Let's Add Sprinkles / Belle Bleu Interiors / Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs. Olsen
The Painted Hinge / The Crowned Goat / Beauty For Ashes / White Arrows Lane
Thistle Key Lane / The Tattered PewJoy In Our Home

Thanks for stopping by.
Katie


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar